Fire safety is an essential element of homes and buildings. The number of deaths is increasing due to fire-related accidents. This is why it is necessary to safeguard the buildings and people using appropriate security and modern fire fighting equipment. Equipment for fighting fires also guarantees the safety of firefighters who risk their own lives to protect other people.
The fire fighting foam is composed of a plethora of tiny bubbles that are less dense than the bulk of flammable liquids and water. Foam is a cooling and blanketing agent created by mixing air in a solution that is a mixture of foam concentrate and water.
A foam system allows for a certain volume of foam mixed using the pumping mechanisms of fire apparatus. Every time water is used, foam systems can be activated to increase the effectiveness of water and speed up firefighting efforts.
Other Benefits of fire fighting foam are:
- The ability to break down the water’s surface tension- The chemical composition of foam assists in breaking down surface tension in water, which allows water to penetrate the burning material, making it easier for water to work effectively.
- Reducing the volume of water needed to fight the fire- Foam increases the quantity of water available in the apparatus. Fire departments that cannot use mutual aid or accessibility to fire water source foam can be advantageous because it means that firefighters use less water when putting out the fire. A foam system is advantageous to wildland and rural fire departments, in which access to a water replenishing source isn’t always available.
- Clings to the burning materials- Based on the type of foam utilized, it may adhere to the surface to slow down or stop burning and improve the water’s penetration.
- Cool surface temperatures- One of the main advantages of foams is their capacity to lower temperatures at the surface which helps to decrease the possibility of rekindling and increase water’s capacity to put out fires.
- Short-term fire barrier- Foam is sprayed to situations of protection and prevention to limit the spread of wildfires and forest fires by covering areas before the flames can reach the area. The use of foam in a proactive manner prevents fires from spreading to adjacent surfaces, material, and terrain.
- It is visible from both the air and ground- Foam spray can be observed on the ground and in the air. This allows departments with mutual aid to collaborate better when dealing with large wildfires and wildland fires.
Getting fire fighting foam supply from a single source fire fighting foam supplier can provide fire departments with many other advantages. The entire system’s components and parts included in the system are from one source, so it is simpler to get details for replacement and offer support if required. Furthermore, there’s no middle-man markup, which results in a more cost-effective foam choice that fire agencies can use.